Cancel search

Printing Corrugated Cardboard on R2000 - heat warping

#1 Cryptogamic 4 years ago

Hi, I have been tasked with producing some print-to-cut boxes using corrugated cardboard. I have attempted it on my R2000 and Scitex 700, and both printers caused the material to warp and crash the carriage. On the R2000 I turned down the drying to 120 and the curing to 149 and it still warped and crashed. I seriously doubt my bosses will want to pay for the edge holder kit, so I need to find a different solution. My main questions are these: is there a preferred brand of printable corrugated cardboard that ya'll would recommend (white faced cardboard) and/or do you have any recommended settings on the profile that I can test to avoid the heat warping? I am currently just attempting to print onto 4x8 sheets from Uline, so I doubt I'm using a substrate that is meant to be printed on. Any advice on substrate brands or profile settings would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 4 years ago

Hi @Cryptogamic,

Please see attached an image of the corrugated carton with white coated suitable for R-series, on media locator you can find the manufacturer and also the oms to print them.

Even with this, it's possible that due to transportation or storage conditions the material can be deformed, it's possible that you need the media edge holders even with these brands.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 Cryptogamic 4 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up I will look into these products.

How can we improve it?
#4 ainywaya211177 a year ago

#2 You are right... But my suggestion is that he should contact to a person who is expert in this field. I am also an expert in corrugated boxes making I have 3 years of experience I am working with a well reputed company packagingmania. I always take help of an expert when I stuck anywhere because rather than wasting of time we should go for resolution.

How can we improve it?
#5 ainywaya211177 a year ago

#4 I know suggest you to visit https://www.packagingmania.com/products/custom-mascara-boxes for this purpose.

How can we improve it?
#6 a year ago

Hi. Thanks for the information you provide. I also want to share a website with you where you can find medical argumentative essay topics, you can find them there Rushmyessay . And also on this site you can find information about writing you need.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.