Cancel search

HP Latex 360 Color Calibration fails after print

#1 DuermeyerPrint 3 years ago

created a new material performed linearisation: ok tried to make a ICC profile: fails after printing, printhead moves to unlock i1, unlocks, moves substrate, gets in position to scan and then cancels white substrate, no transparency

deleted material and redid all the steps.

what is happening? there is no log to view, what the error is.

Same with ColorGate v10, perform an ok linearisation, fails after printing the first color calibration chart

please help, thanks

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @DuermeyerPrint,

The purpose of color calibration is to produce consistent colors with the specific printheads, inks, and substrate. This process works due to a hardware piece named SOL, that performs a color calibration. If you have already tried many times with white substrate and it doesn't work, there could be a problem with this part.

I recommend contacting your support representative to perform the troubleshooting for SOL.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 DuermeyerPrint 3 years ago

It perfoms a linearisation without error (obviously using the same piece of hardware as it does makeing a profile chart). Where ist the problem if one does succeed and the other one fails?

see my previous question: "perform an ok linearisation, fails after printing the first color calibration chart".

Additional question: where can I find detailed logs about the process to troubleshoot?

How can we improve it?
#4 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @DuermeyerPrint,

I can't provide further solutions in this case, as I believe you need to contact support for troubleshooting. It looks like a SOL issue that needs to be investigated by the service.

How can we improve it?
#5 alexwhite1979528649 3 years ago

Thanks for a marvelous posting!

How can we improve it?
#6 lisacarter197948970 2 years ago

#2 said

HP Latex 360 Color Calibration fails after print

We use a blockout "fabric" type of banner material, very thin yet still has a fabric-esque feel.

Lately when printing banners I have been getting purple in the areas that are supposed to be grey or chrome-like. We have replaced all heads and all inks. Same printer on any other substrate has no color problems what so ever.

I have also tried saving as tif, jpeg, with color profile, w.o profile, layers, no layers, Not sure what to do from here.

Had some success when taking a screenshot and sending that to onyx itself as a png however can't save obviously larger graphics as png.

Any help appreciated.

How can we improve it?
#7 HP Daniela Ciolompea 2 years ago

Hi @lisacarter197948970,

There are cases in which a substrate may not be calibrated, when the Calibrate and Reset options are not available:

● The loaded substrate has a generic preset.

● The loaded substrate has a preset that is not editable.

● The loaded substrate is not suitable for color calibration.

You could try by deleting the current calibration table, leaving the factory default calibration table active, as if that particular substrate had never been calibrated. Press the gear icon, then Image quality maintenance > Color calibration > Reset to factory.

Color calibration as described above is not recommended for the below substrate types. It may be possible to calibrate some of these substrates by using an external color measurement device, driven by an external RIP.

●Non-opaque substrates such as clear film and backlit substrates.

●Substrates with an uneven surface, such as perforated vinyl and punched-window substrates.

● Porous substrates that require the use of the ink collector.

I hope it helps.

How can we improve it?
#8 rlopez8989 2 years ago

#7 Hi, good morning

In the case of non-opaque or backlit substrates, it is possible to calibrate them and I do not know if there is a manual to do it and have a more precise color, thank you very much

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.