Cancel search

HP Latex 360 & 365 Banding when print Orange & Magenta color

#1 Edward C 5 years ago

Hey, We facing banding issue on Orange & Magenta color print Branded White Sticker Matte using Latex 360 & 365. Settings as :- 8P_CMYKcm_90, Temperature 100 Optimizer level 15 and vacuum 30, having horizontal banding, we printed same jobs using same settings 1 months ago. We printed printhead test plot and all nozzle were nice. We try replaced all printheads and test again, but same result.

When we use 10Pass, Both horizontal and vertical banding appear!! I have no idea how it happen. We tried use different RIP ( caldera, onyx and Saiflexi) but doesnt help.

Its doesn't look like normal banding line, more like magenta/ light magenta color lines and color uneven.

OMAS cleaned, Advance calibration, clean platen and clean encoder strip all had done.

Anyone can help? SOS

#2 Botakwoo 5 years ago

Same issue here but no solution so far. Hope that HP never ask you increase passes to 12 or 16 for sticker printing. Good luck bro.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-rana 5 years ago

First, I would suggest that you check and/or replace the maintenance cartridge in case the problem is due to the printheads not being cleaned correctly.

Failing that, the User Guide has some guidance on this type of problem (specifically the vertical banding in low-to-medium density areas of solid colour - see Appendix A on page 191.

I would suggest that you try the following :

1. Warm up the printer before printing this job, either by printing something else just before it, or by selecting "Prepare to print" in the RIP before sending this print job.
  2. Add an inter-pass delay offset (in the Advanced settings of the print mode) of 100-200mS.
  3. You could also try reducing the vacuum in steps of 5.

thanks -rana-

How can we improve it?
#4 paulelw 5 years ago

When printing also add confidence strips left and right to make sure the printheads are firing at their most optimum. Make sure printheads have been aligned prior to the print to make sure they are at their best. All nozzles should be firing with no breaks showing in a diagnostic. I would make sure all printheads are within warranty. If printhead alignment is not fully successful there may be a physical issue in regards to the Maintenance cartridge striking printheads or even the drop detector not working properly.

How can we improve it?
#5 ejborkez 5 years ago

#1 Try this. send a uniform squuare of each pure color, CMYK, and another one for the light ones, in this case send two squares with less than 40% of ink coverage in order to provocate the light colors, i mean, a square with 40% of cyan and another one with 40% of magenta, this test will show you any problem with the printheads. The Squares should be arround 20 x 20 cms. Then send me te result please. my E-Mail is ejborkez@hotmail.com

How can we improve it?
#6 paulelw 5 years ago

I would:

Check maintenance cartridge and change or move to a fresh section (if there is ink build up them cartridge is faulty.

Check printheads and change as needed. Check underside of carriage - turn off printer and remove maintenance cartridge and then with flashlight check for any mess under carriage.

Have confidence strips (colour strips) either side of print. Do printhead alignment. Check profile is correct. Do test for optimiser and quality.

Check inter-pass delay amount for the media/profile setting you need to have an amount above 500 to allow the printer time to check and make sure of a good firing rate for all colours for each pass.

Make sure the media works on a different printer unless the media has degraded or had a defect.

Failing any of these procedures you would have to have a technician look at the results and determine any faults.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.