Cancel search

Using larger 775ml ink cartridges in the 115

HP Latex 100 Series

#1 rabtech 5 years ago

I am looking at the 400ml and the 775ml cartridge and Im trying to figure out what I cant use the 775ml that is used in the 300/500 in the 115.

Am i missing somthing>?

I need access to a lot more ink and the 400ml is just to small.

#2 paulelw 5 years ago

Unfortunately that is a limitation of this model Printer. You would have to change/upgrade to a Latex 315 model or higher to utilize the larger ink cartridges.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 scrane5303 5 years ago

I have wondered what the actual limitation is. Is it a software issue? The cartridges look like they will physically fit. Will the machine just not recognize the 775ml cartridge?

How can we improve it?
#4 rabtech 5 years ago

I am curious as well. I need to order one and take a look at it. I need more ink than the 400ml. And I cant justify buying a 300 or 500 latex printer.

How can we improve it?
#5 scrane5303 5 years ago

#4 Please let us know what you figure out.

How can we improve it?
#6 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

The 775ml ink supplies are not compatible and will not be made compatible with the 100 series latex printers. This is a design choice .

How can we improve it?
#7 inkmasters196495 4 years ago

There's a lot of good choices you can make with your 775ml Ink Cartridges. Search your favorite ink and toner here. https://www.inkmasters.net.au/hp-toner-ink

How can we improve it?
#8 JLambert6517 4 years ago

why is there an expanded slot on the 115 if it has no use???

How can we improve it?
#9 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello @JLambert6517

I am afraid it has no use. This is a design choice.

How can we improve it?
#10 JLambert6517 4 years ago

#9 So if i purchase the 831 ink instead of 821 it wont work? yet it uses an 831 maintenance block.? Ide like to hear from someone at HP on this. Seems like a Bad choice to not make them universal and im wondering why would HP make this choice if it is true. Because it just doesn't make sense unless this was a design oops.

How can we improve it?
#11 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello JLambert6517!

The slots can support big carts, the FW cannot do it, so definitely this unit cannot use 775ml.

How can we improve it?
#12 adrianMAADFACTORY 4 years ago

hello: when do you think an FW update is possible so that 775ml cartridges can be used?

How can we improve it?
#13 kelvin.ng5186 4 years ago

#12 Hi, i belive is not going to work with FW update to support 775ml ink, the sku is set. only HP able modify it. just like HP-Sonia mention, is design choice.

How can we improve it?
#14 brendencouchman6600 4 years ago

I asked this question earlier on the site. HP didn't make a way for it to be compatible.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.