Cancel search

Re: 60IN L25500 Firmware Update Problems

#1 PaulMcCasland a year ago

Had to replace hard drive in L25500. It was loaded with Ver4.0.0.4 which was released sometimes in 2009. I downloaded the latest firmware Ver GG-CAL_07_00_01-4_mvl40-x86-opt_B.signed.fmw from HP. Upgrade process fails after a while with an "invalid file" error. Should this be upgraded incrementally? Where would the previous versions be located??

Much Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Paul

#2 HP-MarcM a year ago

Hi PaulMcCasland,

As you said maybe the solution to your issue will be to upgrade the firmware gradually. The problem is that I don't know if you will be able to find all the intermediate (2009 to today) firmware versions by your self. I recommend you to contact your support source and if necessary they will proportionate them to you.

Hope this helps. keep me updated.

Happy Thanksgiving too!

#3 GTheile914 a year ago

Any resolution here?

Started the day with a color sensor issue and first step is a firmware upgrade from GG-CAL_5.0.0.8

GG-CAL_07_00_01-4_mvl40-x86-opt_B.signed.fmw downloaded successfully but unable to complete upgrade from web portal after numerous attempts.

Any updates or resolutions would be appreciated!

Gregory

#4 HP-Sonia a year ago

Hello GTheile914

There is a new firmware available: New Firmware available for HP Designjet L25500 Printer Series

Please le me know if you need further information.

#5 GTheile914 a year ago

Thank you for the response Sonia!

Unfortunately I am running into the same error with this update

#6 current 10 months ago

I believe we need version 6 in order to update to 7.
I have this issue with the current file not loading over version 5.
Please can hp make that firmware file 6 available?

#7 HP-Sonia 10 months ago

Hello @current

I suggest to contact your support service they might deal with this request.

#8 current 10 months ago

Thanks. Opened a case a couple of days ago. Just awaiting response.

I have noticed a few threads with this issue, but never a solution. Hope to change that soon.

#9 current 10 months ago

tech support had me 'force firmware update'.

BIG MISTAKE. Machine still doesn't recognize the firmware file and now the machine is a giant brick and won't do anything. tech is trying to tell me it needs a new hard drive.

i call BS. it was working before i did the aforementioned task which was recommended by hp.

so frustrated right now...hp.

#10 HP-Sonia 8 months ago

Hello @current

Please give us an update of your issue....

#11 current 8 months ago

I was able to do a factory reset to get the machine running again.

As for the firmware, you need to first install the earlier version 7_00_00.4 and then the newest 7_00_01.5 will load. It's not available on the hp site currently though.

#12 HP-Sonia 8 months ago

Hello @current

In this particular case I suggest to contact your support service. I am afraid I cannot help you from this site.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message. This topic is closed for comments.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog