Cancel search

Latex 570 - Printheads carriage hits Maintenance cartridge

HP Latex 500 Series

#1 ivoslbg5445 4 years ago

Hi all. When starting prints the Maintenance cartridge (MC) is moving when printhead carriage is going back to the right (over the MC position) and printheads hits highest point of the MC cloth causing damages to the first row of printheas. It happens randomly, it is not before every print, sometimes happens once a week, sometimes - once a day, sometimes -in 2 prints one after another and nothing after that... The same happened on the previous Latex 360 printer, but the technicians have no clue of what's causing this. I apply some photos.

Best regards and cheers

#2 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello @ivoslbg5445,

You should check that the Maintenance cartridge isn't damaged as well as no paper/save or other debris are stuck under the carriage.

If the issue persists you should contact support.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 ivoslbg5445 4 years ago

#2 Hi It happens with brand new and used MC's and everything is clean around and under the cartridge. I suspect it's wrong commanding from board but don't want just play with guessing Thanks again and best regards.

How can we improve it?
#4 ivoslbg5445 4 years ago

Good news (fingers crossed) last week tech minions replaced the SSD (after opening a case with HP support - guessing bad or broken firmware). So far - normal printing

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

I am glad you solved the issue! Happy printing

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.