Cancel search

Latex 360 have banding issues

#1 ballyhoo 3 years ago

I have 3 l360 printers and they have all developed a strange banding noticeable in all colors. It starts from the right side as you look at the printer and repeats on a regular interval but the interval is different on each of the 3 printers. The longer the print the worse it gets. I feel like the techs and I have tried everything. I will attach some pics and would love ANY Help. THANK YOU

#2 HP Daniela Ciolompea 3 years ago

Hi @ballyhoo,

If not done yet, I suggest to try cleaning the printhead. If the issue is still happening, you will need to contact HP support.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 cybersupport 3 years ago

It seems to me that something is not fiscally aligned properly, maybe there is a tension issue while rolling the material. Do you have a tension bar? How much weight are you buying the banner rolls?

How can we improve it?
#4 ivoslbg5445 3 years ago

#1 Hi @ballyhoo, With this model 360 the problem is common, probably hardware entirely, but so far there is no specific answer despite many topics on this issue ... The problem is mostly in light blue and green prints and in most cases is due to one lm / lc head while others are 2. Therefore, this one wears out faster than others, does not reach enough ink and is wiped every time it is cleaned by maintenance cartridge. Remedies so far - often shaking ink cartridges before long prints, use color bars on the both sides of printed image if possible, clean printheas carefully and check if some of them has to be replaced if not printing straight but spraying ink over or just clogged (mostly you can find this effect when printing wide color bars)... Check the other forum topics like: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/HP-Latex-360-uneven-banding-issue/m-p/6883917#M23079 Good luck

How can we improve it?
#5 jeff.bird7424 3 years ago

#1 There are Many reasons for colors to produce a banding in the print. You can try a few different scenarios, but here is what I have found helps.

1. Ensure your profile is setup correctly, your media, if not exactly as the profile describes, may need more ink saturation to cover the variable media surface properties. It could be a problem with the plasticizers in the media, that are reacting to the heat.
  2. Try increasing the saturation by 10% is say the icc is at 90 change to 100 or if at 100 change to 110.
  3. Solid colours, like blue, are difficult for the heads on most printers to maintain their required temperatures during firing. this can result in a different fire pattern (unintentionally) from right side to left, and usually results in each side of the vinyl having a slightly different hue. You can try the following to correct for this issue: a. try creating a new pass mode within the profile you have, increase from say the default 10 pass, to a 12 pass mode, the increase in saturation and the extra dwell time, will help to give you a more averaged colour. b. within your subtrates library, create a new TILING mode profile from teh profile you are using, colour cal and ICC it as required. This new TILING mode changes the frequency of how it heats the head, it is more frequent, and at a tighter tolerance, so the variation in how it fires the inks will no be as noticable. It is a bit harder on the heads, so it is safe to use for solid colour printing on panels. regular printing of CMYL images wouldn't require this profile be used. also, remember to select inverse tile printing to ensure each side will match the assocaited tile when you are installing. it helps again to regulate the colour consistency.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.