Cancel search

Hp Latex 560 UPS/Battery backups

#1 kyle7180 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I have been trying to figure out a solution to put our Hp 560 Latex printer on a uninterrupted power supply/battery backup. I am aware that I would need two 240v output supplies with the Nema 6-20P plug that also equals to at least 3.7kw of power. However I am having trouble finding ups/battery backups with those stats... Does anyone use these with their printer? If so could you point me in the right direction in regards to product info or even brand name we would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance!

#2 ivoslbg5445 3 years ago

#1 a few tips for electrical supply..use 2 separate circles if possible - 1 for heaters, other for printers control..if using one general grid, use contacts for 1 from lights or lower power consumption line and make so for the other, don't use same power line for both and overload the circuit and fuses...this printer is like using several ovens at a time we tried to search for UPS...more expensive than printer and useless for long prints...you have to search over 10k kV machine to sustain for some time...

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 kyle7180 3 years ago

Thank you for your input, I know these things are pretty expensive. I however to not have any problems with needing something to last long periods of time, just need something to handle quick power glitches every once in a while. So I was hoping I could find something a little less expensive to handle less than a minute or 2 to keep the printer going.

How can we improve it?
#4 ivoslbg5445 3 years ago

#3 You may need an electrical technician to answer you correctly ... someone needs to see the electrical installation and the possibilities on site but not from a distance

How can we improve it?
#5 tjvisualdesign5118 3 years ago

#3 I don't see why a server UPS wouldn't work as long as you have right plug input/outputs especially for short bursts of power. You should be able to get a 5Kw UPS for $5-7K that will run the printer for a few minutes.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.