Cancel search

HP Latex 560 - problem printing on inkjet paper

HP Latex 560 Printer

#1 ShaulBoilov 4 years ago

Hi

I've got my Latex 560 about 4 weeks ago, while printing seem to have become easier on special materials, printing on paper (which wasn't an issue on my L25500) turned into the biggest problem I have. I use two types of paper, 140gsm and 180gsm, both are matt coated inkjet paper and is the basic material I use for printing. I have two big problems, on the 140gsm, the paper gets deformed and a double wrinkle is created the full length of the print (second image) on 180gsm, the vaccum doesn't hold the paper flat (I've tried going all the way up to 150) the resault is an uneven paper, which creates blurred parts in the prints . I've tried changing the vaccum, I've reduced the pre tention, nothing seem to help look at the attached photo, and how the "H" compared to the right half of the "U", the blurred part is where the paper isn't flat

anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks Shaul

#2 paulelw 4 years ago

#1 You would need to add a profile to your printer which is the exact match or very close to the paper media you are using. Your supplier should help advise a suitable setting. Vacuum is only a part combination of settings and you would need to check other settings to make sure they are correct and most suitable.

You can start with a generic paper setting and going through the steps to get a new custom profile. In the absence of a suitable profile to search and install a generic is a good start.

Here's a video tutorial on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAI6KPYtbzI

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

I suggest you have a look at https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator you will find all the profiles for your printer.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.