Cancel search

HP Latex 1500 Error

#1 palnudb 4 years ago

I am getting this error on my HP Latex 1500. "An Installation package for the product HP Internal Print Server cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package "HPIPS.msi".? Where can I find this ?". Is there a place I can go to download this? and if so where does the ".msi" file need to live for it to find it and fix itself. This is very frustrating. We just spent a couple days about 60 days ago, with HP support replacing the software on the IPS. It is neverendingly flaky? Help please.

TIA palnudb

Attachments
   IMG_3215.jpg
#2 kelvin.ng5186 4 years ago

#1 Hi, attach is the link to download the package. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-latex-1500-printer/10683879

Was this helpful?Yes2 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#3 palnudb 4 years ago

#2 I don't know which version of the Windows Embedded OS the IPS is using it doesn't say?

Was this helpful?Yes1 No0
100% of users thought this content was helpful.
How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Hello palnudb

Go to windows explorer and find the .exe file for the IPS software and use that to create a new desktop icon that was linked to it.

Then, to correctly relink the IPS on boot up: find IPS.exe incon in Startup folder (C:\Users\hplatex\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup), then relink of this icon to above .exe location;

Was this helpful?Yes0 No1
How can we improve it?
#5 palnudb 4 years ago

First off thank you for everyone suggestions. I found out the IPS is on a Windows 7 Standard Embedded System. Its looking for the HPIPS.msi Disk Image to install something. And we don't have it. Is there a place I can go download this .msi file? I forced quit the hung Install, because it can't find the Disc. And when it restarted we got the exact problem we had a couple months back when we called support. the print care wouldn't launch sayings its missing something and they spent 2 days rebuilding it. So now IPS software won't run and Print care. We have only used this a couple times since we had it fixed a few months back. super disappointed.

HELP. This thing is not good!

TIA

Attachments
   IMG_3228.jpg
   IMG_3227.jpg
Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#6 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Please try to upgrade the firmware, this should solved the issues on IPS and Print Care.

Let us know if this fix your problem.

How can we improve it?
#7 palnudb 4 years ago

I am trying to run this, this is what support did a couple months back.

How can we improve it?
#8 palnudb 4 years ago

OK So I have the "LYRA Updater for the 1500 on the thumb drive. I click on the Upgrade tool.exe, you accept the terms. It asks you to make sure the IPS is running if not launch and retry. OK IPS launches and hangs waiting for the "HPIPS.msi", so when you retry it doesn't work because its not running. I tried pointing the IPS dialog asking for the "HPIPS.msi" to it, it exists in the updater install folders, but then it errors saying this isn't a valid package to install from????

HELP this is soooo irritating.

Attachments
   IMG_3230.jpg
How can we improve it?
#9 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Please try the following workaround: Uninstall current IPS and install again manually from the Upgrade tool installer package. Then run Upgrade tool for rest other software update. Or, reinstall the IPS version manually that was already existing and then run the Upgrade Tool.

I hope this information helps

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.