Cancel search

Re: Vertical banding on the Latex 360

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 MikeMac 9 years ago

I am getting vertical bands(only on orange and purple) on 3MIJ180. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what was the remedy?

#2 StellatheFB 7 years ago

I have! I used to get banding of magenta in my full coverage of prints when I used IJ180C
I found that if I always do a head cleaning, nozzle check, head alignment check, and replace the magenta ink cartridge it cleared up..

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi,

I will recommend you to contact your support source. I know that we've been experimenting some similar issues as the one you are mentioning. if you can attach some pictures of the issue it will be really helpful for them.

I will also like to ask you to comeback with the solution i case it could help other users.

How can we improve it?
#4 spotman 7 years ago

FDC banner, zig-zag vertical banding. L2550. HELP!!

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#5 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi Spotman,

Hope you are doing good.

As we can see, you have a L25500.

Please find the answer here: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/forum/printers/vertical-banding-or-grain

I hope this helps,

Best,

How can we improve it?
#6 AbrahamB 7 years ago

I'm having the same issue of vetical banding, but in the printer's panel doesn't appear the " Vertical Correction" how can this feature be enabled??

How can we improve it?
#7 HP-MarcM 7 years ago

Hi AbrahamB,

if you are experimenting issues with plasticizers I'll recommend you to follow the instructions provided in the following topic: Vertical Banding or Grain

If your vertical banding is not caused by the plasticizers, I'll recommend you to contact your support source in order to check that everything is correct with you printer. Just for your information, the "Vertical Correction" has been disabled since it was not solving the vertical banding issues properly.

Hope this helps.

How can we improve it?
#8 ejborkez 7 years ago

HI, you can not, ennable tha, because is an option that was removed with an firmware actualitations, i had the same question....

How can we improve it?
#9 HP-Sonia 7 years ago

Hello @ejborkez

You are right, this option is no longer available on the printer and would be within the "service" menu so you should contact support to activate it.

Please keep me informed.

How can we improve it?
#10 AdaptiveTextile 6 years ago

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd throw in my observation. The waves seen in the pic above could be from the substrate input rollers... if your model printer has the same ones as my 370 model. I had issues while running prints, and the printer would suck them back too far, creating those exact shapes in the print. Your issue is probably a plasticizer problem, combined with the substrate thickness/type getting clamped too hard with the rollers.

Unfortunately, I don't have a ton of experience using that substrate type, so I don't have a definite fix for you.. hopefully my info can at least lead you towards the right direction though. I included a pic of the problem area below.

Attachments
   IMAG2905.jpg
How can we improve it?
#11 amelieliu 6 years ago

Hi

We have Latex360 ,when we print the pure color (blue,green,purple...) it always has vertical banding ,no matter what we adjustment (adj. the temp. vaccum, raise the passes ...) it doesn't improve.
We call the reseller but the engineer says he can't fix it.
Has any way to improve vertical banding?
Many thanks.

RIP : CALDERA
Media: Muramour SABLE
https://paper-graphics.com/en/products/digital\_decor/mura1300sab

curing temp: 85
input tension: 15
optimizer: 12
airflow: 175
passes: 20
vaccum: 30

ink density: 130

resolution:600

Attachments
How can we improve it?
#12 TV_SMITH 6 years ago

Hi, we fix that problem!
You have to take off the 3 fan in the back, but don't disconnect.
Lemme know if it works!

Attachments
   IMG_2391.JPG
How can we improve it?
#13 amelieliu 6 years ago

Hi,we will call the engineer to try it. TKS

How can we improve it?
#14 HP-Sonia 6 years ago

Hello @amelieliu

Tampering with the heating system is a fire hazard and an electrical hazard. Serious damage to the unit and property, injury to personnel and/or death are risks associated with what they are doing. This is in no way supported. We suggest you contact your reseller to check if they have the diffusor clips installed or not and to check the printer status for possible causes.

Vertical banding is a Image Quality issue related with the temperature.Let me provide you some advises:

• I will recommend you to print using the HP Certified profiles for your medias in case they exist. I know that for the medias that you are using, there are some HP Certified profiles. You will be able to find them at HP Media Solutions Locator.
  • Pre-warm the printer. Results are always better when the printer temperature is stable that is why usually worse with the first plots.
  • Load the substrate in the second/centre position to maintain more stable temperature along the substrate.
  • Decrease dryer temperature to minimum possible.
  • Increase the number of passes.
  • Use the inter-swath delay thru the RIP or front panel.
  • Activate the “Vertical correction” feature by front panel (Options > Ink > Image-quality maintenance > Vertical correction). Once you fixed the problem of the vertical banding I will recommend you to disable this function for other jobs.

I hope this information helps

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message. This topic is closed for comments.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.