Cancel search

Raising head height on L360

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 twmiller24 9 years ago

We're trying to print Alumigraphics Grip on the HP Latex 360. There's not a profile for it, but the company recommends the highest possible head height. Is there a way to set that within the media settings, or does the printer determine head height automatically?

#2 ProColorGraphix 9 years ago

I think it is determined automatically. I've used the walk and wall film, which is very similar, and it worked just fine.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-MarcM 9 years ago

The printhead height is automatic, so is not possible to be changed.

Printhead crashes is a problem that can be solved changing two parameters of the printer: Vacuum and temperature.

• Increasing the vacuum could solve the problem of the printhead crashes, but you have to keep in mind, that an excess of vacuum could cause some banding.
  • In some thick materials, a high temperature could cause deformation that could explain the head crashes.

If you could send me the name of the specific material, I could try to do some more in depth research.

How can we improve it?
#4 twmiller24 9 years ago

Here's the specific material: http://www.alumigraphics.com/cart/pc/Downloads/AG\_Grip\_SpecSheets.pdf

It's AlumiGraphics Grip.

So, when you say it's automatic, does that mean the profile has it set and won't change, or that the printer checks every substrate for thickness and resets the height accordingly?

How can we improve it?
#5 TonyC 9 years ago

The head height is fixed. It cannot be changed.

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

Remember
To make recommendations or participate please Sign In and post a message.

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.