Cancel search

Media Bowing Issues L360

HP Latex 360 Printer

#1 dan1942 9 years ago

I am having issues with media bowing on our 360. I spent last week adjusting the straightness optimization settings for the media (3m IJ 35c) after finally getting figured out I thought all was good. I tried to print some small decals today using that material and all the contour cuts are off again. the settings I adjusted are still saved, I am not getting it does the material change on a day to day basis? I am printing with a long bar registration mark for my summa cutter.
Does anyone have suggestions for a fairly inexpensive Polymeric vinyl that will work with this printer maybe that will help with the heat? It seems a lot of manufacturers are not stating which ones are polymeric or monomeric.
thanks again

#2 --- 9 years ago

Where is it bowing? on the sides or in the curing unit?

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-MarcM 9 years ago

Hi Dan1942,

Here in Barcelona, we haven’t tested this media, but I know that they did in Asia. I’ve already asked them for advice. Meanwhile I can provide you some recommendations:

• The best option is to reduce the temperature. You should reduce the temperature to 110º or 105º. In addition, if you want to reduce the temperature, you should also do some of the following things:
    • Use a lower ink amount.
    • Introduce an interswath delay offset at 500ms.
    • Increase the number of passes in order to compensate the temperature loss.

Hope this helps.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.