Cancel search

HP Latex 370, Take-up reel uninstalled

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 g.kuiper5241 5 years ago

There is the message Take-up reel uninstalled, at the Roll info screen on the printer. First on one HP 370 and later the same message on the second HP370 Latest Firmware is on the printers. Cable connections are OK Even so the take-up reel is working

#2 HP-ayelenfernandez 5 years ago

#1 g.kuiper5241

The best recommendation that I can give you is to contact your reseller for any issue with your Take Up Reel.

Please, let me know if they say something else, Warm regards

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 craigmorgan 5 years ago

Hi there, did you ever find a solution to this problem? We are experiencing the same issue on our HP Latex 330.

How can we improve it?
#4 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

#3 Unfortunatly, you should talk with your support service. It is not possible to help you online.

How can we improve it?
#5 jdcuartero 5 years ago

We are having the same issue in our HP Latex 310. Suddenly appeared the message Take-up reel uninstalled, at the screen on the printer. And there is no chance to select and actívate the Take-up reel. All the connections are ok, and the take-up reel is working properly through the take-up reel buttons. The engine is working but it is not posible to active it from the printer screen.

How can we improve it?
#6 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed. If this is not working please contact your reseller.

How can we improve it?
#7 DuermeyerPrint 5 years ago

Same here. This seems to have happened after the last firmware upgrade. "Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed." - yes, it is the latest (NEXUS_01_14_00.5) . Please check with your firmware-team.

Where can I try to re-"install" it in the printer?

How can we improve it?
#8 john5875 5 years ago

We are having the same issue in our HP Latex 360. Suddenly appeared the message Take-up reel uninstalled, at the screen on the printer. And there is no chance to select and actívate the Take-up reel. All the connections are ok, and the take-up reel is working properly through the take-up reel buttons. The engine is working but it is not posible to active it from the printer screen.

How can we improve it?
#9 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed (NEXUS_01_14_00.5). If afterthat, it is not working please contact your reseller.

How can we improve it?
#10 AGS Graphics 5 years ago

Was there ever an answer for this? Have the same issue.... Yes Firmware is Updated

How can we improve it?
#11 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

You need to contact your support service to solve this issue. I am afraid we cannot help this time from the online forum.

How can we improve it?
#12 Footprint2000 5 years ago

Has anybody has any result in reinstalling their take-up reels after the firmware upgrade has bombed the take-up reel? We've had the same issue on our HP360.

How can we improve it?
#13 paulelw 5 years ago

Hello, You can try to restart your printer without the take-up attached (plugged in). Check the holes the pins go in. Blow them to get rid of any dust.

Once it has started and is ready then you can plug in the take up and see if it is recognised at all. This is in reference to the serial type plug that goes into the back of the printer.

Leave the network/telephone type plug inside the motor side.

If undetected then restart with the plug in.

Unfortunately, if it cannot detect this then there would be a further issue that a service technician would need to attend to.

How can we improve it?
#14 HP-rodney.toombs5003 4 years ago

#12 there is a new firmware patch has to be to be installed via ftp link.

Rodney Toombs

How can we improve it?
#15 swoodland6160 4 years ago

#14 What firmware patch are you mentioning. My current firmware for 365 is Nexus-03-14-00.8 and my take up reel still says uninstalled.

How can we improve it?
#16 HP-Sonia 4 years ago

Please contact your support services, they will be able to help you on this issue.

How can we improve it?
#17 swoodland6160 4 years ago

I received the patch and installed it through FTP and said successful, I restarted the printer and it still says uninstalled. Is there another step that needs to be taken?

How can we improve it?
#18 SCB44 4 years ago

I have an HP 365. The Take-up reel button was dimmed and could not be activated and the screen said take-up reel uninstalled. My dealer called HP and they said it is a known issue. They sent me a file that I FTP'ed to the printer. After sending the file the take-up reel button was clickable and the status of the take-up reel said "installed. The name of the file is "L3xx_UpdateDefaultOutbin.tpw" in case you need to ask for it. It is the enable TUR file.

Good luck!

How can we improve it?
#19 Lettrastudio 4 years ago

Indeed, just had the same problem with the TUR, sending this patch file via the "put" cmd solved the problem!

How can we improve it?
#20 Footprint2000 4 years ago

If any of you out there are still having problems with the Take-up reel being greyed out and front screen showing it as being 'Uninstalled', like my HP360 is, Check if your take up reel motor is still working. If it is, reel up as you would normally to use the take up reel (even though on the substrate screen you can't 'enable' it. Set you winding direction on the take-up reel and start printing. Take-up reel should start reeling as it prints. Ours has. Just remember to turn off your winding direction before you cut the media after printing and you don't go through the 'disable' process in the media screen like we should. Fingers crossed this will help some of you get reeling again. Apparently this issue is a known bug in the firmware and will be fixed on the next firmware release....we'll see! Happy reeling!

How can we improve it?
  1. 1
  2. 2
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.