Cancel search

HP Latex 365 printing issue

HP Latex 300 Series

#1 MundoVinilos 5 years ago

Hi! We are a graphic bussines in Argentina. We bought a Latex 365 in November 2017. Our most common media come from Orafol (Orajet3164, Oracal3640 and Orajet3651). Recently we are having issues with Orajet3164XG (please see attached). We've escalated the issue to Orafol and they told us (and quote):"We understand is difficult to update all printers, but this problem has nothing to do with our media. This is what happened. When HP release the 360 series and the new ink technology, sometimes vinlys and other products will no longer work on their printers. That is why they addedd a cleaning roll in the new printers generation (HP500). We do not change our media, is the ink that fails in some vinyls and other products." Now, if this is true, we have a big problem since Orajet3164 is one of the most sold media we use. So, I have a few questions: 1) Is the cleaning roll from HP500 available for HP365? If not, how do I solved this problem without changing my printer?

A few more things so you can analyze this issue. I tried using the HP Media Support ICC and the Orafol ICC and we have the same issue. We clean the media with alcohol, and the part that was clean, printed correctly. We dont have this issue with other medias from Orafol or any other provider.

Attachments
#2 MundoVinilos 5 years ago

Can anyone help me? I know that I can clean the vinyl with alcohol, but that for a few meters. If I have to pre-clean 15meters before printing is a lost of waste of time and we missed a few centimeters it will also be a waste of material, ink, energy, printerhead, maintainance kit, etc etc.

Was this helpful?Yes0 No0
How can we improve it?
#3 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

#2 To understand the reason what is happening to your media, please see the solution in another post: https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/forum/default/printing-problem-substrate

Regarding to the wipe roll question, I am afraid it is only available on HP Latex 500 Series printers.

I suggest you to print with a new fresh roll.

How can we improve it?
#4 MundoVinilos 5 years ago

Hi Sonia, We've tested with two fresh new rolls. The odd thing is that when we were using the ink that came with the printer we use this media and it was great! Once the Black ink was out and we changed the ink, we encountered this issue. And we encountered on a roll that was previously printed with the original Ink and it was working fine. That is why we have doubts about the Ink and not the media.

How can we improve it?
#5 HP-Sonia 5 years ago

#4 There has been not change on the composition of the HP Latex Inks. If the inks that you mention are up to date and under warranty please contact your support services as they will be able to give you a better answer.

How can we improve it?
#6 thanhonap 5 years ago

Thanks fօr sօme other wonderful post. The place else may anyߋne get that type of info in such a perfect meth᧐d of writing? I have a presentation next weeқ, and I'm on the search for such information. I printed for my form: http://standaviet.com

How can we improve it?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP.

New comments are not available at this time

Latest conversations HP Latex

HP Latex Blog

How likely are you to recommend HP Large Format Knowledge Center to a colleague?
  • Not at all likely
  • Extremely likely
Thanks for your collaboration
To provide additional details, click here.