This article aims to provide some guidelines on how to correctly manually clean the printheads of the HP Latex 3000 and HP Latex 1500 Printer Series.
The manual cleaning of the printheads should be done when the printheads do not recover by running the Hard clean routine.
• Distilled water
• Lint-free microfiber cloth
Important: These parts will not be provided by HP and will have to be purchased locally.
Steps to be followed
1. Place the printhead with the nozzles facing upwards on a flat surface.
2. Place enough distilled water (a couple of drops) to cover the nozzles completely and allow some time for the water to soften the ink.
Important: Make sure you use distilled water for cleaning the printhead’s dies, otherwise they could get damaged.
3. Wipe the printhead against the lint-free microfiber cloth three times, on a flat surface, in the direction shown.
Note: Make sure not to mix the Optimizer printhead with any other printheads as this will render the printheads unusable.
4. Discard the lint-free microfiber cloth according to local regulations, keeping in mind that the ink is not cured and can leave marks on items/skin.