Color accuracy, consistency and conformance can be achieved with ONYX RIP
Following the successful releases of previous versions of ONYX software, ONYX 18.5 continues to lead the charge for the best color in the wide-format print industry with new spot color tools for greater accuracy and vibrancy, enhanced iccMAX compatibility, and new Quick Set application library management to get to sellable prints faster.
ONYX 18.5 builds upon ONYX 18 that introduced new technologies for color accuracy, consistency and conformance to standards such as G7 and Fogra that print service providers can prove to their customers. The new release brings next level power and reliability to the entire portfolio of ONYX products with the latest Adobe® PDF Print Engine 5.1 (APPE 5.1), a high speed, high fidelity print platform for increased consistency and reliability across proofing cycles. Combined with new dynamic tools for print production and optimized out-of-the-box presets, ONYX 18.5 delivers fast, superior output for all wide-format printing applications.
What can be found in ONYX 18.5?
- A New Color Experience
- ColorCheck™, a new approach to process control that guarantees color accuracy as well as ensure consistency of output across devices over time. ColorCheck ensures conformance to standards including G7 and Fogra as well as baseline testing for process control and in-product indicators for printer recalibration.
- ONYX Color™, the industry-leading color engine, includes core enhancements for improved black ink combinations that gives increased shadow detail, texture and definition.
- Increased saturation of reds and oranges without compromising ink savings.
- Compatible with the iccMAX standard recommended by the ICC for all wide- and grand-format applications.
- PosterColor 2.0, a technology first introduced to the industry by Onyx Graphics, uses next generation smart rendering intent to boost the saturation of solid colors for added ‘pop’ across all image types.
- Next Level Power and Reliability
- APPE 5.1 includes support for PDF 2.0 features such as black point compensation
- APPE 5.1 accelerates processing for patterns and soft masks with super-fast algorithms for rendering complex file types resulting in big performance gains.
- APPE 5.1 brings spot color handling with up to 127 channels that can be specified and used in any given region.
- Accuboost, new for ONYX 18.5, is an iterative ICC profiling technique for pinpoint accuracy of ICC profiles.
- Dynamic Tools for Productivity
- Swatchbook quick search functionality. Support for specialty ink including white and metallics to print on any material.
- Easy crop positioning during job preparation.
- Step and Repeat functionality enables users to create patterns with all image types for a variety of print applications including print-and-cut workflows and textile applications.
- Larger nesting previews to see before you print.
- Nest rotation to match printer set-up.
Explore ONYX Software on